Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"... Maybe she'll say yes."

I had one of the cutest conversations with my three-year-old son, Calvin. It was hilarious and he did not even know he was being funny. This was our conversation.

Out of the blue Cal says, “Hey, mommy, you know the weirdest thing? I want Addy (Addison) to be my wife,... you know when we grow up.”

Me: “Oh, yeah. Why’s that weird?”

Calboy: “Because she said no. I wanted her to be my wife because I like her... But maybe I can marry her little sister.”

Me: “You mean Emmy Claire?”

Calboy: “No, I mean the girl who wasn’t there.” (Referring to our play date at the Murphrees the other day)

Me: “Oh, you mean Anna Kate.”

Calboy: “Yeah. Anna Kate.” “Yeah, I’ll ask Anna Kate to be my wife. Maybe she will say yes... you know when we grow up! And then I will kiss her, and kiss her, and kiss her... I will kiss her to death. Cause that’s what you can do to your wife; you can kiss her. Right mommy?”

Me: “Yes, Calboy, you can kiss your wife one day.”

Cal: “Yeah, I will kiss her. When I grow up Anna Kate will be my wife... when I grow up.”

Me: “Calvin, you are so adorable. I just love you.”

Cal: “I AM NOT ADORBBBLE!”

Me: “Adorable. I said adorable.”

Cal: “I am NOT ADORABLE!”

Me: “Cal, adorable means cute.”

Cal: “I am NOT,... Um, I AM cute.”

Then he choked on air! Oh what a funny child and a funny conversation. I laughed and cried at the same time. It was so sweet. It may not come across so funny and sweet because I’m not good at telling stories, but I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: