Thursday, July 24, 2008

A long week...

My husband is on a mission trip this week. He is in Pensil, which is located about nine hours south of the Texas-Mexico border. He left on Saturday, July 19, and will return this Saturday, the 26th. The night before he left I was anticipating a very long, lonesome week of work, laundry, and of course kids. I have to be a single mom for a week. Fortunately, all the grandparents live within ten minutes of us, and they have been a huge help. Suprisingly, my kids have been on really, really good behavior. Ordinarily when my oldest, Nate, realizes dad is out of town he tends to challenge the childcare workers and myself, but he has actually been very obedient (except when it comes to putting the light-sabers away). Calvin, our 20-month-old, has his moments, but he has been in a pretty good mood the last few days.
We cannot wait until Chris returns, but I am so thankful that God has blessed us with a pleasant, uneventful week. It's been nice.

1 comment:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

OK...I keep coming back to your blog to see if there is anything new, but all I see is this August 31st post. AUGUST!!!

Before long, you'll have to change your profile to "mother of 3 boys"!

Xandra